Saturday, October 31, 2009

Cake Balls

I recently came across a website called bakerella.com. She has so many amazing recipes on her site. I found the recipe for cake pops so fun I just had to give it a go!

I started with a chocolate cake that I crumbled up and mixed in room temperature cream of cheese icing.

I mixed it together so you could not see any white from the icing.

Next I used a cookie scoop and scooped out the cake mixture and placed it on a cookie sheet covered with waxed paper.

I took the scoops of cake and rolled them into balls between my clean hands... this is so important...clean hands...LOL!
A nice sheet of naked cake balls

After all of the fun the balls had they were feeling very tired. I decided to place them in the fridge for a rest (over night to be exact)
After the balls woke in the morning they needed a nice warm bath. A nice vanilla bath will do the job :) I used a vanilla candy coating for the bath. I placed the chips in a microwaveable bowl and melted it at 30 second intervals.



In they go..one at a time.

Using a spoon I shook off the extra coating before placing them on a sheet covered in waxed paper.


After the candy coating had time to harden I decorated them with more melted candy coating colored blue.
They turned out to be very YUMMY. I am sure that this will be a treat that will be made many more times in my house.

2 comments:

MsAng said...

OMG those looks so good!! I hope you don't mind if I send my sis this way to get your recipe! Loved the pics too!!

3rdbabyweight said...

We LOVE these, too. My kids decorated them last year at Halloween into little spiders!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails