Monday, November 02, 2009

Wicked Chicken

I came across the recipe for Wicked Chicken while thumbing through the Occasions to Celebrate magazine Halloween 2009 edition. I told myself that this would be a nice recipe to try. As most recipes go I always do it my way. LOL.

ingredients:

olive oil
boneless skinless chicken breast
salt
pepper
minced shallots
white wine ( I used cooking white wine)
jar of sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
thyme
chicken broth
and 1 cup heavy whipping cream

I hardly ever use exact measurements when I am cooking so this is what I did...

place a little oil in a skillet and heat. Salt and pepper the chicken and place in warm skillet to brown on both sides. While you are doing that preheat your oven to 400 degrees. After your chicken is browned remove them to a baking dish. While they take a rest in the dish, mince up the shallots and cook them until they are soft, add the wine to the pan (about 1/2 cup)...cook until it reduces by 2/3. At this time add the tomatoes and thyme (maybe 1 tablespoons worth) - cook for 5 minutes. Add chicken broth (1 can should do it) and cook for another 10 minutes or until reduced by half. Slowly add the cream and bring to a simmer. Pour the sauce over the chicken and bake for 20 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted in breast registers 170 degrees.

Serve warm...

I served mine with garlic mashed potatoes.... turned out very yummy!


I will try to come back soon and post more pictures to go along with this recipe. :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails