Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Coconut Meringue Cookies

Around here we just LOVE coconut anything.  One of our all time favorites is the Coconut meringue Cookies.  They are light and filling all in one yummy cookie.

I wanted to share it with you.  If you make a batch of these please share your thoughts with me... I would love to hear them.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups sweet shredded coconut
2 eggs whites
1/4 tsp. vanilla
dash of salt
2/3 cups sugar



Directions:




Beat the egg whites, dash of salt and vanilla together














Beat until soft peaks form.










Gradually add in the sugar while beating until peaks are stiff and glossy.











Fold in coconut


















I placed parchment paper over my baking sheet and sprayed it with nonstick spray then I dropped them rounded spoonfuls.











Bake them for about 18 minutes in a 325 degree oven until they are slightly brown and set.








Wait until cool and enjoy.  We store ours in a airtight container.  I am not sure how long they will keep because around here they don't last long...LOL.





***please note I did try to send these to my Hubby during his deployment...they did not make it, sadly enough***





Smiles

1 comment:

Sarah @ The Pumpkin Patch said...

These look delicious! My mom just came for a visit and loves these. I'll have to surprise her by making some. Thanks for the recipe!

Thanks for linking to Transform Tuesday. I can't wait to see what you link up next week.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails