Saturday, June 19, 2010

Hail

The other day we had a pretty good storm. Hail, wind, rain...all of it. I have to admit it was pretty exciting. Here in Kansas you never know if the wind and rain will produce a tornado so it keeps you on your toes. I have always loved a good storm. That is probably why my all time favorite movie is "Twister".



So today we have a small storm roll through then it rolled on out. Pretty quick. Several hours later, sun is shining, the power goes out. Crazy that is what I say. It made me realize that I take electricity for granted. I was at a loss as what to do. I couldn't cook, I couldn't sew, I couldn't watch TV or surf the net. Yes I have been taking it for granted. I have no idea how they survived years ago.

So the power is back on, Internet is up and we have tornado watches all around and severe thunderstorm warnings. Will the power stay on?

Well I am going to call it a night. Tomorrow my parents are coming for a visit. I am looking forward to it. I will be tackling that Hot Milk cake again. Wish me luck.

Smiles

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails