Friday, June 18, 2010

Hot Milk Cake

As a child did you just have a special yummy food item that you would crave? Well for me it was/is a Hot Milk Cake. My mother would bake this cake when I was growing up...Oh heck she still bakes it...this year on my birthday she baked me one {yes I am smiling} I love this cake so much that it was what I would just beg my mother to bake it for me. It is such a yummy cake. It is a dense cake like the pound cake but yet it has a flavor all of its own.

I decided that with our move approaching so rapidly that I needed to learn how to make this cake all on my own.

I found my copy of the recipe my mother had given me, gathered my ingredients and got busy. Determined to complete it with out calling mom I studied the recipe and thought every action out.

My cake was not a total flop but it was not like mom's at all. I am not sure where I went wrong...heck i followed the card.

Here is my cake....


After I tasted the cake and noticed it was not like my mom's I did what any girl would do... I called my mommy ! We discussed it and we have no idea what went conky. So with that being said my mother and father are coming to town for my hubby's return home from Iraq and she is going to help me make the cake. I hope that I can come back and post about my recipe sucess.

If you want to try your own hand at this cake you will find the recipe below. Please share your experiences with us. I know I really want to hear all about it.


Hot Milk Cake

Ingredients:
4 or 5 eggs
cups sugar
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup whole milk, scaled
1 stick real butter

Preheat oven to 375

To scald milk place your stick of butter in pan with milk - heat until butter is melted and the two are almost to a boil.

In a large bowl beat eggs till they are fluffy. Slowly add sugar and vanilla, blend well.

Carefully and slow add the flour, baking owder and scalded milk.

Grease and flour your pan (my mother uses an angel food cake pan, I used a bundt pan)

Pour your batter in to the pan

13X9 pan bake for 30-35 minutes
funnel pan bake for 40-45 minutes

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Happy Eats!

Smiles

1 comment:

littlebug-peg said...

Hi CarolAnn,

Your awesome blog clearly shows your giftedness. If we were in the same town, I'd make your slipcover in exchange for an upgrade on my blog!

Sincerely,
Peg

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails